Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, December 03, 2005

No two days alike

Today was a day of complete contrasts. First, I tried to print off my CV today and the printer said NO! Having had the biggest tantrum and exhausting my entire vocabulary giving said printer, verbal abuse I head off to church for the Ladies Christmas lunch. It was great, there were 30 or so of us ladies together and the atmosphere was one of relaxation. The food was good too! My voice very nearly gave out (try not to cheer...) but I have had a sore throat and all the extra talking today was a bit too much exercise. So many times, you say "hi" to people as you rush through church that you don't get the opportunity to have a chat so it was a luxury to catch up with many people. Interestingly enough I end up sitting next to someone who only knows one other person and me! This was part of God's plan, (I hadn't planned to sit there) and I was able to talk about God incidences. We both had a Farleigh connection and I was also able to explain how this had been great preparation for looking after Daniel. It was certainly an introduction into mult-disciplinary care.

It did make me laugh though, when someone came up to me and asked me if I was better. The person concerned was asking me as the last time they had seen me at Church I had managed to water most of the upholstery... It almost sounded as if I was getting over a cold...

I then went to the Job Centre to apply for a job as HR Administrator and popped into an employment agency. I came home and went to the Farleigh Light up a Life service in Chelmsford. I could not stop the tears from coursing down my face and I met up with many of my former colleagues. Before Daniel I always used to go as part of my countdown to Christmas but this year the intensity of it was too much to bear. I am glad that I went though to be reminded of a little star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home