Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Question time


Tonight we went to a quiz being held for Farleigh and as we were on a clever table we came second (beaten by 1 point)... We did have a fun evening and our brains were stretched beyond our imagination. It's a very silly thing but we brought one of Daniel's toys along as a team mascot for a joke. Truffle, the wind up pig!! Well, one of the roles I enjoyed most about being a Mum was toy tester... Having Truffle with us reminded me about Daniel and it did feel a little like a comfort blanket.

I was really taken aback as I spoke to a former Colleague who asked after Daniel so I had to tell him. That wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't then immediately bumped into someone else who didn't know either. When I told them they started to cry and the more I was trying to comfort them the worse it was getting. It was definitely a feeling of beam me up scotty!! Amazing really, you would think that I wouldn't need any excuse to join in, but I couldn't.

On the work front, it is possible that I may be offered a temporary position and should hear sometime next week.

I also have to write an assignment on a "journey" by Tuesday. I just cannot get started and even housework looks inviting. Oh well, it's mind over matter.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Sarah thanks for all your prayer support for little Lewis (especially now knowing that the past few days have had lots of memories of little Daniel for you being what was his birthday this week) - you more than anyone knows what a worrying time they are going through - My brother does have a belief in God and did have quite a testimony at one time, but his wife doesn't have any beliefs that she has ever confessed so it's been good to tell them of all the prayer support.

 
At 10:10 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Yes, if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter! (the housework!) please put your next assignment on the blog we would love to read it - Jackanory with Sarah, Brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home