Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A good spend of time...

I am feeling much better than last week but I don't have any temporary work lined up as yet. Just by the end of the week, I was crawling the walls. Before Daniel, I immersed myself in work so didn't really develop many hobbies and when he came along even less so... Blogging counts, I know!

Shopping used to be a favourite passtime but it has lost its sparkle for me - how sad is that?

Still, feeling positive I thought that I would start scrapbooking all my Daniel photos. Unfortunately, my printer has decided not to co-operate and in an act of rebellion refuses to give me anything that resembles decent picture quality - it's mainly all lines. Boo hiss! It used to work...

II just need to find myself something to gainfully occupy me other than the cleaning, washing and ironing. At least now, the TV has been fixed so we can access all digital channels. I have recently found Premier radio too so am not going to completely vegetate.

I have done crosswords, sudoki, read a number of books and magazines, even done some writing but fulfillment still currently eludes me...

I suppose now would be the time to immerse myself in trivia and try to memorise things. Whilst, I can tell you really stupid things like what I wore on my first date with Kevin (!) my powers of recall for shorter term things just slip my mind. Perhaps I need to try it to get my brain in practice...

I have some good DVDs and whole shelves of books that I can read. I might even make a Christmas cake!!!








3 Comments:

At 8:45 AM GMT, Blogger Jonathan said...

Don't mourn the loss of shopping as a hobby. Your post reminds me of the line in a hymn, about sacrificing 'all the vain things that charm me most'. Among us all, your experiences have probably made you the expert in this kind of true perpective. It shouldn't surprise you that the charm of shopping has diminished.

When are we going to see some of this writing you've been working on?

 
At 1:59 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your welcome - yes l'm hooked on the blogging now too - l have to say l can't picture you at the moment but l think it will be funny when the names fit the faces that l've probably passed in church many times!! Have to say l am really relieved to hear that l'm not the only one who suffers short term memory loss, l can enter a room and forget why lve gone in there and as for forgetting the second half of a sentence when talking to someone well that gets embarrassing at times !!

 
At 8:55 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

hello! It's very impressive that you might make a Christmas cake, I think Brenda has given up trying to give me the recipe for one, we just eat theirs! I once made sausage rolls one August day....in January I found them still on top of the cupboard!! well they were not very appealing by then!!
If you make the cake, don't forget it!!!
love to Kevin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home