Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, October 14, 2005

Pinball machine

Does anyone remember the pin ball machines normally in arcades at the seaside? Well, I feel that I am trapped in one! I thought naively that the 3 days off I had this week would be a semi-rest by organising things done, going to appointments etc. Only one of the appointments I have made has gone according to plan so I am feeling rather wrung out being bounced from pillar to post...

Things are looking up as I have temp work lined up for all next week in Shenfield. I am often asked about why I don't get a permanent job. My main reason for this is I need the flexibility rather than take a permanent job which I am tied to. I am still unsure what to do now as I no longer want a career in Personnel and practically do not feel that I would want to return to a hospice environment. So I am having new experiences each time I get a different assignment, learning different skills and sampling different types of organisational culture. It is the ultimate in paid work experience!!

When I went to the Job Centre this week, the absolute contrast to how they treated me previously could not be any greater. This time they were sensitive to my circumstances and fully understood my reasons for temping. They went out of their way to be helpful and I have even been given the direct dial number of my contact there which is a first and nothing short of a miracle...

It is hard to come back from holiday because even though you know Daniel isn't here you forget momentarily and it is almost like an emotional mugging because it comes from nowhere without any warning.

I am pleased to be going to the Ladies day tomorrow at church as it looks like a great informative day.

Oh and I did 265 bounces on my trampette this morning - another personal best.

:-)

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

really pleased the job centre is being helpful, perhaps temmping is best as you will also get a feel for maybe something different but not have to commit.
Glad you are at the ladies day tomorrow, I'm in a sketch with Carolyn and Janet hope I remember the words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home