Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bad Day

Had a really awful day today. Thankfully am counting the days to when we go away to France again, not long now. I do count my blessings, honestly but just feel exhausted. One of the pieces of advice I am given over and over again is, to be kind to myself. This is woolly advice as it isn't tangible and how do you be kind to yourself? Very hard to define. Others know that you are "different" but cannot place why. You bruise easily. You try to focus on things outside your situation but just don't know how to respond now that you are a different person. You can't just lslot in with everyone else as you are set apart by the depths of your sorrow. Words are meaningless, nobody knows what to say as they cannot relate to you and you cannot explain.

It is really hard to believe that this time, last year we were having our only family holiday. Daniel was totally oxygen dependent, was on 12 medications and we had to contact the local Community Nursing Team in Norfolk in case of emergency. Who would have thought that this would be a good memory but it truly is. Daniel had a picnic, went bowling, went on the beach and on an open air train ride. So much has happened since then.

Whilst God may be silent, I have the absolute conviction that he is carrying me. This is a companiable silence and one of reassurance.

6 Comments:

At 10:48 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of lemon verbena
Editor's Note: Here is a taste of our All You Can Eat blog. If you're hungry for more, visit http://extras.insidebayarea.com/blogs/allyoucaneat. The other day I had some family over for a simple barbecue.
love is in the air find some air stuff here VĂ©hicules

 
At 10:52 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

State Supreme Court weighs bloggers' free speech, libel protection
DOVER - A Smyrna Town Council member who claims he was libeled by an Internet "blogger" should be ... People shun me on the street," Finger said - in order to obtain a court order forcing an Internet service provider to reveal a customer's identity.
Nice blog you've got here! If you've got a moment, see my roasting garlic related site. You may find something useful.

 
At 9:26 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

I get really cross with bloggers who use sites just to plug their own, rather than respond to what's actually been said!!

Sorry yesterday was so awful for you."Being kind to yourself" is a lot more about giving yourself permission to do so, rather than any practical advice as to how! I am glad that there are many memories of Daniel, but I guess that this time last year you, nor any of us, ever really thought that you might only get "one shot" at a family holiday. Not sure how I could ever handle that.

God is most definitely carrying you - always has, always will - but the silence can be deafening.

Praying much

 
At 8:32 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Sarah, Helen Tween here this is my first evening of blogging! I continue to pray for you and Kevin that you will Know the lords hand always carrying you and that he will bless you with really good sleep look forward to seeing you soon Helen xx

 
At 11:48 AM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

The everlasting God is your place of safety, and His arms will hold you up forever.
Deuteronomy 33:27

Praying for you both...

Love 'n hugs (from NZ!)
Pen xx

 
At 10:10 PM GMT, Blogger Me said...

I just wanted to say your words have touched me.

There were many things I wanted to say; however nothing seemed to convey what I felt when I read your blog.

I trust you will find peace and that the spirit of your son will find ways to make mischief in ways only boys can.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home