Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Get over it

Saturday was 4 months since Daniel died. It has been an ok day considering. I cleared some more of Daniel's things out today and gave them directly to a charity which was advertising the need for donations. However, when I turn up with 3 sacks I am confronted with a notice which says that no donations are being accepted and no not sure when that is likely to be. When I ask if it is possible to take the donations that I have and explained why I get a very unhelpful response. Very tactless to say the least. Unfortunately, I do my Vesuvius impersonation in the middle of the shop. What wouldn't Jesus do? Have a strop in the middle of a charity shop!! The Acting Manager did feel sorry for me and take the stuff in the end. I had tried to do something positive and it degenerates, bad move.

Still smarting from this encounter, I bump into a friend and we go for coffee, where she has to allow me to let off steam.

I then follow this with an intense period of retail therapy!! I ran out of time, the shops shut...

Watched a clip from Pinnochio. At the end he is all lifeless, but a fairy comes with a magic wand and sprinkles her magic dust and up he gets. This floored me, how sad is that?

II know the intensity of grief passes, and that waves of anguish come and then disappear. I have accepted that God's timing was to choose to have Daniel in Heaven rather than with us and I know that it is something that I will learn to live with one day, but not yet. I am so glad that I can be "real" with God and know that he is patient and understands. Be prepared for the tears that fall which help to numb this pain. God is truly gracious at times like these.









3 Comments:

At 1:19 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:23 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:53 PM GMT, Blogger David (not Dave) said...

Sarah

re the charity shop - sounds just like something I would do!

Thanks for your honesty. I'm glad I go to a church where there are real people whose daily lives have "glitches" and who are just as falable as me! God loves us just the same though.

Keep up the blogging. Bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home