Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I've run out of things to say...

It’s true!! Highly unusual but true. I feel like a bird that has lost its tune!

We had a pleasant Bank Holiday weekend eating out twice. We also went bowling at Colchester. We all felt like old Fogeys as the music was too loud…We didn’t realise that this was going to happen but we bowled in disco lights. If you are a proficient bowler this is a problem because you aim at the arrows on the lane and not the pins. I found it improved my style as it loosened me up and distracted me and I am an aim and wish bowler. In my first game, I would bowl and leave some pins (not as unusual as I would like really) but when the machine came to pick the pins up they would miraculously drop or just fall away. Nobody else seemed to benefit from this phenomenon and I didn’t win but it was entertaining.

Saturday will be 4 months since Daniel’s death. I feel that I have aged so much since then. Whilst it is still very early days, in some ways it seems like a huge amount of time has passed. I am like an iceberg (steady!) in terms of so much being visible over the water and more being hidden underneath.

My temp contract expires at the end of September and I am ambivalent whether I remain there or not. I worked an 8.5 hour day today, which may not seem like a lot, but to me it felt like it as I am out of practice. I am leaving this in God’s hands.

Not sure if I’ll continue blogging as my inspiration seems to have left me, along with my motivation. I do enjoy hearing about what other bloggers have been doing, though.




pot.com/">Braynews

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Agree with Neil - your thoughts are always insightful, but there is no pressure to be anything other than you are!

Praying over the contract deadline - that you would be given a clear sense of God's peace over what is the next step

Love Always

 
At 11:17 AM GMT, Blogger Jonathan said...

Run out of things to say?

I wrote my whole blog on that basis!

Don't underestimate how interested people are in the things that you may feel are mundane. You don't have to write much, or make it stylish - it's still good to read.

Bear in mind that I had very little idea who you were until you started writing this blog. Now however, you are on my 'frequent checklist' along with www.kylie.com.

 
At 8:11 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

I admire your openness sarah. I can't send my comments on your email. DL Moody's prayer one night when he fell into bed'i'm tired lord Amen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home