Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No such thing as a freebie....

On Sunday, I went back to the car park and wanted to give my ticket to a man standing by the machine. However, by the time I got there he had paid for a ticket and left (mental note must practice more fitness!!) When I looked at the ticket machine I was surprised to note that there were already 4 or so tickets stuck to the machine for anyone to use. Either this motorist was unobservant or he didn't think that a free parking ticket was worth having (well, there has to be a catch somewhere). It got me thinking that if such a small thing as accepting a car park ticket is difficult because it is too good to be true, how much more difficult must it be to accept the gift of eternal life from Jesus? I began to wonder whether I am equally as unobservant of help that is offered or whether I deliberately choose not to accept it. More to the point, how often do I do this to God? Well, it got me thinking...

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

That's a good idea!! next time I'm in a carpark. I'm pondering on rather your good thought!!

 
At 9:31 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah -another brilliant point you've made and challenged us all on!

Keep Blogging Sarah! Its a real encouragement!

 
At 10:40 PM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

thanks loads to God for that,
sometimes we really try and do the right thing on our own,
forgetting that's God's Power and Love is right there to make us strong in living for Him.

So as I try and walk with God, I'll really lock into Him again, knowing that He favours me.
It is such a blessing to be under grace and not under law
That God would be with me
and take care of me over the months
keeping my heart desiring Him
and my lamp burning

He's such a Wonderful God
So Worthy of praise and Power

Thanks for sharing Sarah,
appreciate it
and Thanks to God for giving it to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home