Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, July 15, 2005

Ups and downs...

This has been an easier week, relatively speaking, hurrah!! I have started up Jazzexercise which lasts an hour. It is a real discipline to do this on a boiling hot night but it's supposed to be good for me... Still, it takes place at the school opposite so I don't have to expend too much effort getting there - as I need to save it up!! Later on I received a copy of a Downs Support Group newsletter dedicated to Daniel complete with pictures. More tears spilled over. I have put this in the too emotionally difficult to deal with box (!) but really appreciate this gesture. To say I was touched was a huge understatement.

I was a witness to an accident last week and received the forms today. Basically a car went into the back of a bus and I was travelling directly behind the bus. When I was completing them, I began to think about what would have happened if I had been right behind the bus. Would I have stopped? It really made me think about God's timing and the protection that he gives. The accident happened just up the road from where I live at the end of a working day for me, it would have been so easy to have gone into the back of the car throught tiredness and lack of concentration.

Saving the best til last. Tonight Kevin and I strolled down to our local to enjoy a pub meal. We had taken Daniel there before but somehow neither of us seemed to recall this at the time. We had a good bite to eat, had a bit of a natter and a leisurely walk back. Whilst we weren't out for very long we were able to just enjoy something without working at it. A break through! It was such a good night we are going to do it again!! We are learning to live again and it was all the better because it was unexpected.

I have temp work for the next 2 weeks so at least I know what I am doing. Whilst I would prefer to do something more interesting I am able to leave work by 4:30 and 4:00 on Fridays!! I can get home and relax something that always eluded me in my old jobs.

Thank you for praying for us. It is so appreciated. :-) xx
I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home