Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Gentleness

Today I had a truly amazing experience... It is a time for weeping at the moment, so I really hope that I can fast forward this phase of the grieving cycle. Today God showed me his tenderness and gentleness in a very tangible way. There were 2 things: firstly I was walking with a friend and she held my arm so that I was not walking alone. She was supporting me gently and I felt that this was a wonderful demonstration of how God walks alongside us during the bleakest of times. God revealed his tenderness even more powerfully by wiping away my tears. Has anyone had their tears wiped away? Again, it was my same friend who did this. A very simple gesture but one that was hugely powerful and I felt God saying that he wanted to wipe away my tears. When you are feeling so brittle and fragile this delicate dabbing away of tears is so loving and soothing. I have looked up in my Bible since, and it says in Isaiah 25 v 8 that "the Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces". Bring it on, Lord! It just goes to show how much he loves each and every one of us.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

yeah, thant's a really lovely blog Sarah
thanks for sharing
God Bless to you
God's beloved child

shasa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home