Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, June 17, 2005

Back in Blighty

Kevin and I returned from France today after 5 days away. We enjoyed brilliant weather so much so that I am sporting the freckled tan trifle look. If you see me you’ll know what I mean…

In some ways, this break was bitter sweet in that, the last time we went to France this time of year was when I was 5 months pregnant with Daniel. We were able to do things this time that I could manage as before I found sight seeing a bit much. We did manage to have a relaxing time, but found that where we were holidaying seemed to be a great place for families with pre-school children to stay. I was so lazy that although I had bought some postcards I couldn’t bring myself to write one as it felt like too much hard work… Still, my phone allowed me to text so that was the next best thing.

We discovered new places, went shopping (well, Kevin found McDonalds whilst I flexed the plastic), did tonnes of walking, sampled new wines and generally took it easy. It was great not to have to rush anywhere.

When I got home Ernie had very kindly left me £50 (this offsets the cost of the excess baggage ON THE WAY GOING OUT!!!) I had also placed an advert in the Chronicle to sell some of Daniel’s stuff but wasn’t aware that it was going in this weeks. So there were heaps of messages to plough through but I was thrilled to be able to sell everything all to one buyer. She has a little girl who is now the proud owner of a number of Daniel’s things. It was easier than if it was a boy. It was also the very first time that we had had a child in our house since Daniel. Another milestone and it will be something that will come just that bit easier next time.

I’m off to bed now as I had a 5:30 a.m. start this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home