Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

God’s jigsaw

Over the past couple of days I really feel that God is putting together some of the pieces in my life. I can identify separate pieces of my life, which God is fitting together. Ok so I don’t know what the big picture is but sometimes I can see two or three pieces come together with a hint of an image that God enables me to see at that time. Gradually the other pieces will be put together showing God’s plan for me. He knows the plans he has for me, not to harm me but to prosper. (Wish I knew where this was in the Bible…)

When I went to church on Sunday morning we sang “our God is a great big God” which I had last heard at Daniel’s celebratory service. Don’t ask me why I just felt sick but managed to get through the song. I hadn’t intended on going to the evening service but God had other ideas. The sermon was on spiritual success and covered areas of what happens during times of pain. A very welcome sermon demonstrating that God’s timing is absolutely perfect.

Yesterday I was thinking about how I could serve God and approached someone to see if I could help them. Whilst we were not sure of exactly the role I could play, interestingly enough God had placed on their heart the desire to contact me but I rang first.

There was a prayer group today and I was prayed for in terms of finding suitable work. I have not been notified since my interview last week and given that a start date of 1st June was indicated on the advertisement I am reading between the lines. Immediately after the prayer meeting I went into an employment agency with which I had registered just over a week ago to take in some documentation. Apparently they had left a message on my voicemail for me to come in to discuss temporary assignments. They left the message around the time I was being prayed for (within 15 minutes) I now have a temporary assignment doing reception work for next week. This will give me some well-needed spending money when Kevin and I go away shortly after.

Isn’t it good to know that God knows how even the small details matter to us and he wants to be involved in the small things in our lives. We just need to trust him with these things too as we never know how significant even the smallest thing we do is.

Thanks to everyone who is praying for encouragement and strength. God answers prayer.


2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)


Or from "THE MESSAGE" translation:-
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out — plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Each journey is made up of both large and small steps - both have equal value.

Parying over you today

Pat

 
At 5:54 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

Great news about the job Sarah - and yes, God does have great plans for our lives (I often want to see the WHOLE plan at once - but realise that it's not the way God works!)....He works everything out in His time - and He will work everything out for you too.
Lots of love & prayers,
Pen xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home