Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A week since the life of Daniel

It hardly seems possible that it is now a week to the day since Daniel died. That final cuddle where all the love in the world could not prevent him from slipping away is firmly etched into my mind.

Daniel is roaming freely in heaven. Tonight Kevin and I were chatting and fondly reminiscing of the good times. I was explaining to Kevin that I know where Daniel is, that he is with God in heaven. Kevin gained some comfort from this. We are being honest with each other and I have said that my faith was really tested when we had Daniel given everything that we had to endure as a family. However, during Daniel’s little life my faith had strengthened and that right now it is more real and practical than ever before. When I find passages that are comforting sometimes I am able to read them out to Kevin and explain my thoughts. Many of the cards that we have received contain a verse of scripture and this has allowed me to explain that God is the same today as he was yesterday and is today. The truths of the Bible have given comfort and strength to many and will continue today as they are still relevant.

The weather on Monday was a lot of showers and sunshine but no rainbow. Daniel’s first ever book was called “The First Rainbow” and I used to read this to him in the very early days of Intensive Care. I began to think about rainbows and the covenant between God and Noah. This was a sign to remember that God would never send a flood to wipe out all the peoples of the earth. I began thinking of all the floods of tears that had been shed for Daniel (many during his lifetime) and remember the sunshine of his smile and the beauty of rainbows. Whenever I see a rainbow now I will still be reminded of God’s covenant but also an amazing little boy with a huge smile who believed his purpose in life was to be loved.

6 Comments:

At 1:58 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly i do not know what to say when i was reading your blog. Somehow my heart is breaking as well..i read through all the memories you had with Daniel and i believe He does have His purpose in doing all these.

I pray that you will start to find new direction and He will reveal to you as well... Be Strong Sarah....

 
At 10:35 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

I remember that rainbow book. I'm praying among others that Kevin will give his heart to the Lord. Still praying for friday. Nicole

 
At 9:54 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, how are you? Ever since i knew your blog and read about Daniel. I always make sure that i check your blog everyday. I pray and hope that you are fine and start coping with life again.

 
At 12:13 AM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

thought of you during the week
:)

 
At 2:38 AM GMT, Blogger SarahB said...

Thanks for all your love and support. Anonymous - can you give me a clue who you are? I have really found comfort in your words.

 
At 9:52 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, my name is Charlotte currently i am in Brisbane, Australia doing my final year at Bible College. This particular night i just simply surf on the net. I believe God just led me to read your blog and pray for you and Kevin.
I know we don't know each other but truly we are sister in Christ. Take care Sarah and will visit your blog very often. :) Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home