Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Time flies when you are having fun…

So much has happened since the last time I have blogged that I hardly know where to begin. Last week was a funny kind of week where all the nice things that I had planned to happen didn’t and things that I didn’t want to happen did. Kevin had an abscess on his tooth, Daniel needed to go to St Johns unexpectedly and I remember feeling a little flat but glad that the week had ended.

What a vast difference this week is. I am having a ball!! So many nice things have happened and it’s only Wednesday. This time last year, Daniel was recovering from heart surgery and each day was a trial. I couldn’t take Daniel anywhere where he could come into contact with germs (which when you think about it doesn’t leave a lot…) On Monday, Daniel and I went to Oaks and Acorns which we both enjoyed. This is the very first time that we have been to a Mother and Toddler group. The only groups that we attend all relate to Daniel’s various health disadvantages so it was refreshing to go somewhere which was all about fun. Daniel enjoyed all the attention and is getting very strong. So strong that he pulled one of the other Mother’s hair and wouldn’t let go so someone had to rescue her.

Today, I have been thinking about what Paul said in Philippians 4 v 12 - 13:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

I feel at the moment that God is teaching me this very secret of contentment and he knows how much of a challenge that I find this but he knows that I will trust in him whatever my circumstances.



3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

Hi Sarah

Great to read your latest blog post! Glad to hear your week is going well too!

It's a good thought about being content in God - it's a great place to be!

Have a blessed week!

Pen xx

 
At 8:38 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Hi Sarah, Lovely to read your week is going well. The Lord does answer our prayers. Yes alot to learn about that verse isn't it. Nicole

 
At 10:03 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

It was great to see you both at O & A - it IS all about fun!

I find Philippians 4 a real challenge in its entirity! - but especially these verses, as we are often fickle and dependant on externals for contentment.

Keep bloggin'

PatK :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home