Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, March 24, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 40

Living with Purpose

Well, here it is the PDL 40 days finale… I never imagined when I started reading this book quite the impact it would have on me. I don’t think that I could have realised quite how practical the PDL book is and for me, apart from the Bible, it has been the most influential book I have ever read.

There have been many issues with which I have struggled since becoming a Christian, which have now been revealed to me. Knowing the 5 purposes that God has for me helps in prioritising my life as God would have me do. I find it amazing that you can plod through the Christian life (believe me I was a bit of an expert…) without really focussing on what is important to God.

When I thought about sharing my views on each chapter I had no way of anticipating how helpful that is going to be for me to grow. I can now collate each diary entry and make a purpose statement along with doing a spiritual audit of my life. God has given me the boldness to look at myself and realise that he has given me much more than I was ever prepared to accept. I have had to acknowledge many things which I wish were different (or I could handle them differently…) Through acknowledgement comes the desire to change according to God’s purposes which is according to his will.

Ultimately I have been blessed by this book, as I have a greater understanding of what God has in store for me. I know I need to play my part but I am overjoyed that I can come closer to God. The past 40 days have not been easy but I have a realisation of the person who God wants me to be and I have experienced a closeness that is precious and which I had not felt. I believe the 40 Days of Purpose has helped me understand what I need to do on earth to glorify God and has given me a practical blueprint to keep on track.

Thank you for sharing my journey. Wishing you a very Happy Easter.

Sarah


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home