Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

40 Days of purpose - Day 38

Becoming a World Class Christian

Another challenging chapter. I confess to being a worldly Christian as I do not focus on Mission enough. At the moment, I am not in a position to go to other countries but this does not let me off the hook trying to extend God’s kingdom on earth. I will pray that I will use all the opportunities to try to reach people that God has put in my path. How very easy that sounds.

Today, I went to Liverpool Station and was waiting outside Boots. A very old man shuffled along in front of me and marvelled at Daniel sleeping. We chatted like old friends and then the man was on his way before I could even acknowledge that God had placed him there. When he walked away I felt that I had missed an important opportunity. We had only spoken for a matter of moments, how could I realistically have brought him one step closer to God? Knowing how I had “fluffed it” I just prayed that this man would come to know Jesus. To say I felt inadequate is a huge understatement. However, I will be more aware next time and even if I am unable to find something appropriate to say that I will pray for that person. It would be very easy to feel discouraged after today’s experience but I keep thinking about the term witness. A person who describes how God has worked in their life. I wonder how we can do that unless we are able to relate our experience to the unbeliever’s situation. This takes time and experience. I know that God will recognise the effort I am making even if the results are lacklustre to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home