Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 37

Sharing your life message

As a structured person, I prefer to be prepared for things as I find it easier to “ad lib” if I have a plan that I can add to rather than be totally spontaneous. If I don’t have a script I might just forget something pretty essential (believe me that’s happened). I was so encouraged when I read today’s chapter of the Purpose Driven Life because I had never thought of writing my testimony down in such a way. Often the simplest ideas are the most effective.

I think that by having a written testimony it will remind me how gracious and faithful God has been throughout my life. It is always something that I can add to. How many times, do I forget just how much God has done for me in my life? I do feel that there are many lessons in my life that I have chosen to obliterate rather than focus on God’s grace and mercy. One of the biggest challenges is that believers would ask how God has worked in my life since my conversion and I didn’t feel that there was anything that I could say as I wasn’t a very good Christian. I believe the Father of lies used this to prevent me from fulfilling this purpose and bind me with chains of fear and insecurity. I am now free from these chains. The PDL is a very practical book and I am pleased that this will be a tool, which will encourage growth for God to use me.

Having a child like Daniel gives other people the opportunity to view your life and how they believe you are coping. God has put a number of christians in my path at times when I most needed it and I have been able to tell them of my walk with Him during times of pain and suffering. Whilst this has not been reaching out to the unchurched, it has given me the opportunity for me to discuss my faith and gain in confidence. Well, nobody I know has had to go through exactly the same circumstances as me so I feel I can comment on how God has met with me since Daniel’s birth. I used to find it difficult to talk about my faith due to feelings of inadequacy but now find it easier (definitely not something, which comes naturally, something which I will have to learn). I am just thinking of when playing a musical instrument and how to be able to play it to it’s full potential you have to practice regularly. Perseverance allows you come to the point where you are able to make beautiful music and other people are able to appreciate and enjoy what you have given them. God is my conductor and I want to play the most gorgeous symphony to glorify him. When others hear this music I would want them to look for their conductor and know that he has the most joyful melody for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home