Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 30


Shaped for Serving God


Spiritual Gifts

Heart (passion)

Abilities

Personality

Experience


I am finding this bit really exciting although a bit nerve racking. I have always been a typical “c” grade student (this is probably going back some now) but at that time it was average. So feeling that service stemmed from what you were good at I took a huge backwards step as I couldn’t identify anything (aahh!!) One of the themes that is recurrent in the PDL book is how much God loves us and how much love he has put into shaping his creations.

I hadn’t thought about cheating others by not using my spiritual gifts and am reminded of my responsibility. At the time of writing I struggle to identify these and which has allowed me to be stuck in a rut. God has given me bags of experience and it is exciting to think that I can use these for His glory. Knowing that God doesn’t waste anything is hugely encouraging. Since Daniel’s birth it has been a little difficult to rediscover my identity as a lot of my time is taken up with caring for him. I recognise that this is an opportunity for service but the purpose behind it has not been revealed to me yet.

My biggest prayer would be for me to have a servant heart. I want to be a gofer for God!!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home