Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 25


Transformed By Trouble


I find it immensely comforting to know that God has a purpose behind each problem.
We serve a God who will not let us suffer needlessly. I suppose it is a spiritual "no pain no gain…" but what can be difficult is that whilst experiencing trouble at whatever level we do not know how God will enable us to grow. So it is trusting the Lord knowing that he will meet our needs even in our darkest hours.
One of the things that I really detested when Daniel was first born and it was apparent that our lives were going to be completely different to other new parents was Romans 8 V 28. I had it quoted at me left right and centre. So I am really pleased to rediscover this verse in this chapter and be reminded that whatever the depth of our problems what God has intended is much greater. I can remember one sermon where the theme was how God could bring order out of chaos. It became easier for me to deal with my circumstances once I realised that God had chosen me to be Daniel’s Mother. I haven’t always thanked him for it but know that this is his will for my life. So whenever there is a new development which I struggle with I accept that God has allowed that for a reason (even if I don’t know what it is…) I can now rejoice in my Saviour despite my circumstances. This has been a painful lesson to learn and is one that will need to be learnt again and again. I have found that I now enjoy an intimacy with God which I previously never experienced as I did not rely upon Him enough. A lot has changed since Daniel’s birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home