Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 24

Transformed by Truth

When I first read todays chapter I felt really embarrassed as my retention of biblical verses is sketchy. Thinking about it, I don’t even think I could quote 20 Bible verses (only one for each year as a Believer!!) However, I have been challenged recently to reading the Bible in a year and so will start once the PDL has finished (please ask me how it is going). I’ll never be able to commit otherwise. I have just had a brainwave (unusual for me) that I need to carry my Bible with me everywhere. There are times when Daniel is admitted to hospital at short notice and sometimes when I am in hospital with him I have more time and less distractions than at home…
One of the other action plans that I am going to complete following completion of this book is to write down all the memory verses and keep them with me. This will help me to focus on the 5 purposes that God has for each of us.
I feel really challenged when reminded that we need to regard the Bible as essential to our life as food. Well, I am a real foodie. If it’s chocolate, I eat it, if it’s sweet I eat it, if I am fed up I eat it and if I am celebrating I eat it. I have decided right now that when I get the munchies particularly late at night that I need spiritual food instead of any other. Hopefully, you’ll see a lot less of me and my biblical knowledge will increase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home