Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, March 13, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 28

<
It takes time

This feels very disjointed as Daniel has interrupted me several times so apologies if I make less sense than usual…

Thinking about the growth to become more like Jesus can be a daunting prospect. God does not have unrealistic expectations and he knows us so well so he knows which areas need urgent attention and which require ongoing work. However, as His children we often do not recognise the areas in which we need to grow nor the extent (probably as well, think how discouraging that could be!!)

If spiritual maturity came easy and did not require much effort would we stay the course? Some of our deepest habits are like stains, which require repeated application of stain remover for us to become clean. These are often the most painful lessons but the most valuable for we are bound to remember these experiences and what we learnt from them.

Just by recording my thoughts during these 40 days has given me the opportunity to recognise areas in which God has helped me grow. This has been very encouraging as I can see tiny shoots of growth. This journey has also helped me become more aware of future challenges but I am more confident of facing these together with God. Amazingly I can think of another Bible verse (that’s 3 in 3 days so that’s nearly my sum knowledge…)

Psalm 27 v 13 –14

“I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”





1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

My uncle in Wales is a very keen gardener, and almost everything he touches grows!

I know that he is especially fond of lilacs, and planted a lilac tree in his garden. The first year it produced leaves, but no flowers. The 2nd year, more leaves, the third, a few more leaves, but no flowers of any kind.

It actually took 10 years before that tree produced any flowers, but they were fabulous when they did.

God knows what he is planting in all of us, and he also knows how and when it will bear what he intended it to.

It's just hard being patient with ourselves, isn't it?

Love & hugs

Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home