Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, March 11, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 26

Growing through Temptation

I hadn’t really thought that much about temptation. I am one of those people who suffer from no will power and plenty of determination to do things my way (what a godly combination)! So doing the wrong thing just comes naturally. Despite these inherent character traits I am thinking about how God has helped me through the Purpose Driven Life study book. I am often tempted to do something, which gives a quick result rather than taking time out to focus on Jesus. My prayer life can resemble something between Supermarket Sweep and Ready Steady Cook (with a much shorter timescale…)

Each day as I blog it is an enormous struggle. I am tempted not to bother as it all takes too much effort and I have to think about what I have read. Sometimes I need to reread chapters because I don’t think that I can say anything new and I don’t have a photographic memory. Nonetheless, I am learning obedience and patience. It is good to know that even though I am finding it difficult to resist temptation God can help me to mature. Each day I look to see who has blogged and pray for these needs so am increasing my time with the Lord in prayer. No wonder I am tempted to do anything else because without doing these things I would not be growing and that would not glorify God. Sounds simple but ultimately is a struggle. I am just reminded how God does not waste any experience so even if I don’t know why it is happening I know God can use it for his glory.

Romans 8 V 28

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who lov him, who have been called according to his purpose.”





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home