Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 31

Understanding your Shape

I don’t know why but I am finding this chapter difficult. It may be that today I had a difficult and draining afternoon. The only “good “ time for me to blog is late at night or in the wee small hours in the morning. Unfortunately, my brain works on solar power so things seem foggy.

At the moment I feel that I have a number of abilities which remain dormant. I think that this has something to do with rediscovering my identity following Daniel’s birth. So how can I contribute to the Church for God’s glory? I find that hard to answer but know that if I open myself to God he will give me different opportunities. Today I queued up at Ottakers to get Jacqueline Wilson to sign a book (no I’m not a fan but my Niece is). She personalised the book and I began to think about the Bible. How would God personalise it for me? Would there be any words of encouragement or direction to help me understand its application in my life? Instead of giving us a spiritual report with best subjects and must try harder… God allows us to grow so that we can develop our gifting.

I do feel that God has given me a variety of experiences but it is hard to know how I can use them other than look and pray for opportunities. As I know that God wanted me to be Daniel’s Mum and all that goes with looking after his complex needs, I know that this is where God wants me to be. I find it so reassuring and an extent of God’s love for us that he does not allow any hurt to be wasted. We can use it all for his glory it’s just a case of trusting God on how to channel this. I believe that having Daniel will be an opportunity to share my faith with others (this is not something that comes easily). Equally, as a family we have to face ongoing painful realities so understanding intense hurt is more real to me now. I hope that I can use this for God’s glory.

These 40 days of purpose have taught me many things and I pray that I would take hold of these lessons and apply them. Thank you for sharing my world…









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home