Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Diary of a distracted Mother

Today the image of the crucifixion stayed in my mind in relation to our sin. I began to think of disobedience and how when Jesus was dying for me when I am wilful I am deliberately adding to the pain that he bore for me. Anyone that knows me will be aware of how squeamish and how I cannot watch casualty or ER without a cushion… I find this a truly horrific image and am just amazed that despite this Jesus still loves me.

I am pleased to say that Daniel has today come off oxygen during the day (he was on it for 2 weeks as a result of a cold) This is particularly good news as we have won a professional photo session and wanted to take advantage of this when Daniel is tubeless…

Unfortunately, Daniel has 2 infections in the wound in his tummy, which will need antibiotics. Nothing major but annoying none the less. He seems to be getting a lot of these and nobody can tell us what the cause is.

Developmentally, Daniel is doing well. He can sit up unaided (although wobbly ) for quite some time. He has progressed so well that he is no longer in the remedial movement class at Moulsham Grange. This was on a weekly basis and I am now only going to get monthly classes to help Daniel’s mobility improve. Another struggle. I have managed to get some interim input but have some concerns about how he will be able to build on his progress. I have been given 6 pages of A4 on how to help him crawl… I am in danger of being suffocated by paperwork.

This seems to be a get it off your chest blog, but I know unequivocally that God is with me throughout all the details in our lives. I believe God’s promise when he says that he will never forsake or leave us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home