Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Still having fun…

Yesterday, I was really fortunate enough to have a pamper day at Greenwoods Health Spa (something that I can definitely recommend girls...) It was a real girlie day where my hardest decision was should I go for a sauna after my Jacuzzi? It was wonderful being able to totally relax and even my brain was glad of a day off!

Despite being virtually comatose through inactivity God challenged me during the day. I went on my own and at first I was worried about being Billy no mates but it didn’t seem a problem as I met up with someone also on her own on the same lunch slot as me. We had a great lunch together and I was able to tell her about Daniel and how I believed that God wanted me to be Daniel’s Mum. Unfortunately, despite a number of opportunities I think that you can say that I choked and didn’t even mention Jesus’ name or explain my faith. I have to make it a priority now to start and finish my witness statement. I had a wonderful opportunity but was not prepared as my brain was well and truly switched off. I’m a bit of a structured person so I would always need some sort of a script that I could use to prevent nerves from kicking in. I know that God can redeem this situation but it would be a tall order!! Just as well he is Sovereign Lord – Praise Him. This got me thinking about when Jesus comes again and how I need to be ready.

Earlier this week, I was talking to a fellow Christian who asked me what was I good at? This question came immediately after I had admitted that I am not very good at talking about my faith. I responded to this question by doing an energetic goldfish impersonation as I couldn’t think of anything. My SHAPE went out of the window as I was trying desperately hard to think of gifts and talents that I use for God but my mind went blank (I don’t’ think that I can answer this now). The “old” Sarah would have used this to berate herself with thinking of how unworthy she is but this is no longer the case. Whilst I might not be able to recognise things that I can do well, God can and does use me. I automatically remember the verse that God uses the foolish things to shame the wise. Yes, I will try to improve my evangelistic technique but not all of us start from the same place. God will guide us at the pace he wants us to go if we obediently seek his will.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

You never know, Sarah, just what part of the puzzle in someone else's life you filled at Greenwoods. Sometimes we berate ourselves for not finishing a conversation "properly" or "failing to follow through", when God is more than capable of taking what we DO say, and using it to keep building the puzzle in someone else's life.

To say that "God wanted me to be Daniels' Mum" may be all the challenge she needed, and to explain or comment any further might actually have diluted what God wanted her to hear.

Glad you enjoyed the day - you certainly deserve it!

Love Always

Pat

 
At 8:56 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Lovely to hear you are still having fun. Actually you did mention God that is enough ,if she wanted to hear more she would have asked you more about your comment. You are a witness!!! Nicole

 
At 1:59 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,I don't feel very comforable about being so 'public' in my communication. I've never blogged before and would prefer to email you but I've lost your email address when I changed computers. Anyway, the reason I am taking this enormous 'risk' is to say to you that my life has been enriched through knowing you and sharing something of your life with you. You and Kevin are both gifts to all who know you. I could say much more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Sheila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home