Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

<The privilege of being a parent

It breaks my heart as I write this to let you know that Daniel was admitted to St John’s Hospital on Monday, 2nd May. Whilst he initially had a high temperature his condition rapidly worsened and he developed blood poisoning. Yesterday, Tuesday, 3rd May he walked for the first time – heavenwards. Our little Angel could no longer continue his stay on earth and went to play with Uncle Jesus around 12:30 a.m.

Kevin and I were both with him and I was able to cuddle him as he drew his last breath. He had the best possible care at St John’s and any further treatment available to him would have left him brain damaged and unresponsive. We did not believe that this would have been right for our energetic and communicative little boy.

Daniel, in death was so much like he was in life, he always determined the pace that he was going to go. When he made up his mind to do something it always happened quickly. Our loss was sudden and unexpected but we gain comfort that he decided to slip away rapidly without prolonging his suffering.

When Daniel’s condition had deteriorated I prayed that if his quality of life would be dramatically reduced that God would take him to his nursery heavenwards. This prayer was answered and God has been faithful to us.

Daniel was 17 months old and a blessing to us as parents. He taught us much during his short little life. We thank God for him.

At this stage we are unsure of our funeral arrangements but you will be informed by this blogsite and through the church office when these details have been finalised.

Thank you to everyone who prayed faithfully for us as a family, these prayers have built us up. We feel that Daniel had the best that life could offer him within his health constraints and have no regrets.


3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Such an amazingly brave and thoughtful blog, Sarah. Our hearts go out to you, and we thank God for Daniel's all-too-brief life.

My final memory of him will be of him having such fun at Oaks and Acorns just 9 days ago.It barely seems possible that this should happen so very quickly.

And yet, he was such a determined little boy, I guess he couldn't wait to get to heaven and try out a brand new body. I bet he'll have some tales to tell you one of these days!

Our love and prayers

John & Pat

 
At 5:07 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

What an amazing tribute, to such a precious little boy.

This blog post is incredibly moving....

I heard this song earlier today: "I sing a simple song of love...." My prayer for you both, was the chorus - that you may know His arms of love and comfort, around you, so very much at this time:
My heart is glad
that You’ve called me Your own.
There’s no place I’d rather be
than in Your arms of love,
in Your arms of love,
holding me still, holding me near
in Your arms of love.


Much love & prayers,
Pen xx

 
At 8:50 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Thankyou for taking the time and courage to write this exceedingly thoughful blog. My last memory of Daniel is when you came to the saturday women's day. As soon as you came in I held Daniel's hand and said hello to him. Also I was looking at him when you were holding him during the worship. He will always be special in my thoughts. Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home