Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Rollercoaster Ride

I really don’t know what to write today because I feel like a jelly on a plate wobbling all over the place. Kevin and I went to church today for the first time since Daniel’s celebration on Friday. Surprisingly, I found that more difficult to deal with than the celebration…

Kevin got up today and thanked everyone for all the love, support and prayers that we have received. The church celebration service was very powerful and a wonderful demonstration of how God’s people can show His love.

One of the many comments that I had was that people were surprised to see a band (there were 8 people involved). The worship was a truly amazing witness and I am sorry that I haven’t thanked everyone who was involved in this uplifting ministry. God rocked…

I know that I haven’t spoken to everyone who made Friday a wonderful tribute to our cherished son, but everyone involved played a vital role. Our heartfelt thanks go to all those involved. I feel it important to say that many of the people present do not “do church”. What a witness to them.

Kevin and I have a DVD of Friday. We watched it this evening and enjoyed the celebration all over again. We have many gifted people in our church and Elim is so 21st century. The presentation as well as the DVD capture our memories so graphically that it will be a huge source of comfort to us in times to come.

Whilst Kevin and I paid tribute to Daniel we have a book to record any memories you may have of him. We would be delighted if you felt that you could comment. Please let us know.

Somebody has said to me that they wished that they had my faith. All I can tell you is that God has been so generous and compassionate during this time and he is upholding us. I can remember singing this morning the words from “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord”. I could sing with feeling these very words because God has enabled me to:

“Praise you when I am laughing
Praise you when I am grieving
Praise you every season of the soul”.





1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Lovely to read your reflection. It certainly reflects the Lord's love in you both. Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home