Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father’s Day

Today was a bit of a double whammy as it was also Kevin’s birthday. It was a day, which we got through, having a birthday lunch out did help. Our memories rewound a year to the day when we took Daniel to church in his “I love Daddy, Daddy loves me sweatshirt” when he was on oxygen. I can remember that this was a huge effort for us at the time, and we were bowled over by the love and attention that Daniel received (as he always did). Then, we thought that Daniel would be on oxygen for 24 hours per day and it was a fearful time for us. What a year it has been! We have learned so much, including about ourselves and one another. I have come to know God’s character better and am thankful that on a day like today I can also spend some time focusing on my heavenly Father. I am still challenged by the commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul. And just before I go to bed, I am really going to pray for an attitude of giving God everything exactly where I am no matter what I am doing. This is more than just a resolution this is a lifelong commitment.


1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Father's Day can be incredibly emotive, in so many ways, for many people. Hard for those trying to become fathers, for those who would like to be with their children but can't, for those who have lost fathers, and those who have lost children. Though I think that the word "lost" sounds awaful - as if you have merely mislaid them somewhere.

Thank God we know exactly where Daniel is, and that he is being very carefully watched over, by some of God's fastest angels - I suspect he's leading them a merry dance, and the biggest problem will be how to stop 20 foot giant angels from giggling too much...

Giving God everything is a moment by moment choice, but has the greatest rewards

Love & hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home