Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

7 weeks today

I had to explain to the Job Centre today why I had not submitted my claim any earlier. Mmm... To say that compassion was not an obvious virtue would be an understatement. For those of you who haven't been in the Job Centre plus, talking to a person is optional(!!) You have to use a phone to call a call centre who will send you the forms out - must be the most cost effective way. Everything is all modern and open plan. Even job searching now has to be done on a touch screen with printing off any vacancies that are interesting. As a claimant I don't seem to fall in all the right boxes so I have gained a naughty sense of satisfaction about being too difficult to deal with. The fact that I have had a holiday and found some temp work in between just compounds matters but, hey, I never wanted to be simple.The job centre plus is really a very demoralising process so my heart goes out to anyone who has to do this on a regular basis. I am so glad that I can hang on to God's unconditional love.

I have now registered with 6 recruitment agencies and feel a bit like an actor waiting for his next script. Sometimes on the working front, I have to do the equivalent of reality TV (mmm....)

On Friday, I am seeing Daniel's consultant, as a form of closure. I will be asking him to explain how things happened given that everything progressed very quickly. I still find it hard to accept that I took Daniel into hospital and just over 8 hours later he was dead. I know that this will be difficult but like a lot of things, it is part of the grieving process allowing things to surface.

I shall be reviewing the 40 days due to my change in circumstances soon - you have been warned...

Oh and finally, I have had a book review that I completed for Woman Alive published in July's edition. As one of the readers on their panel I reviewed a book about being in an "unequally yoked" marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home