Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, July 07, 2005

What a difference a day makes.

I could scarcely believe it today when I heard of the terrorist bombing in London. Who would have thought that scenes of jubilation following the 2012 Olympic bid would be turned into ones of destruction, death and chaos today. There are no easy answers as to why this happened. I am again reminded of Psalm 121 and believe in God who is bigger than our worst enemy.

Corrie Ten Boom along with her Sister was imprisoned by the Nazis at a concentration camp. Unfortunately, Corrie's sister, died there. Before she dies she tells Corrie that there is no pit that is too deep for God. I find that comforting.

Today there is so much suffering. At the time of writing there are 37 deaths and hundreds injured. In the twinkling of an eye, lives have been shaken upside down. On a human level I can only imagine what the families are going through who have loved ones caught up in the evil plans of men. Prayer changes things so even though I do not know how my prayers may be answered, I know that God is faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home