Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, June 25, 2005

The end of the week

What a scorcher!! I feel that my brain has been roasted or should that be toasted? I have booked some flights on the internet and don’t ask me how but have managed to book a wheelchair for us… (Kevin very unimpressed with his mode of transport!!) I expect that I didn’t read everything properly and there was a box with a tick in it that I didn’t notice. Why is it easier to do these things than it is to undo them? This applies to other areas in my life where perhaps I have developed a bit of spiritual blindness. There are times when I have allowed something inappropriate (normally feelings and emotions) to stay or come into my life and after a time have become immune to them not realising how unsuitable they are. God never says, you should have read the small print, you ticked that box after all. I think it is more, did you mean to do that, do you know what you are committing to if you follow this course of action? If you leave things as they are there will be consequences, why don’t we talk about it. I’ll give you all the strength you need to make some changes and reassure you for as long as it takes before these things disappear. Only God can do this infinitely. Even when we struggle and feel that we are losing perhaps the battle with temptation, energy or obedience, God comes alongside us asking what is it that you need? Just ask and I’ll help. Together with God you will overcome.

Erm… Looks like I have just written my first sermon.

On another note, I saw Daniel’s consultant today to discuss the circumstances surrounding his death. Whilst it was an emotional meeting, there were two things that came out of it which I find really helpful:

1. Daniel had the best possible medical care available and that there was no stone left unturned. His consultant was on call but didn’t have to see Daniel because on admission there was nothing sufficiently of concern. It was only due to the Consultant’s dedication that as it was Daniel he wanted to see him so everything was picked up early.
2. Daniel was a well loved little boy who could not have wanted for any more love.

In his short little life, Daniel had the best, which comforts and strengthens me. What a wonderful demonstration of God’s grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home