Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The King’s Garden

>

I have wanted to blog regularly this week but just haven’t had the get up and go. On a personal level it has been an awfully emotional week even before the events of Thursday took place. I cannot pretend to understand what the many families are experiencing who have loved ones caught up in Thursday’s devastation. To say that I am hurting with them sounds trite but I can empathise with their feelings of loss and grief. As time passes, I am finding the grieving journey more anguishing and the pain more intense. Unfortunately, I have been transported by all the images of death to a hospital room giving Daniel his last cuddle this side of eternity.

Kevin had the great idea of going to Hampton Court Flower show today. We have always enjoyed gardening so I was determined to enjoy myself. We saw lots of beautiful flowers and marvelled at the richness and splendour of the blooms that we saw – lots of oohing and aaghing went on…We took a friend along and did have a good time. I had my heart set on a Fuchsia called “Danny Boy” for obvious reasons and went to buy one without success. I came away feeling a little empty. Not much to ask is it to find a flower to remember Daniel by?

Feeling a little heavy and dispirited when we arrived home I noticed an interflora card. We had been left a floral arrangement. My petulance immediately vanished when we saw who had sent it – the nurses from the Cardiac Ward at Great Ormond Street. They hadn’t seen Daniel since September last year and he was a little favourite of theirs. This gesture was so well received and meant more to me than the Fuchsia. It just got me thinking…I know I desire things which are not massive in the great scheme of things, but which is significant to me. God recognises what I really need and even though I do not deserve what he provides in his gentleness and love he graciously gives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home