Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Elim Ladies Day

This is the 3rd year running I have been to this Ladies event at Elim and every year the standard is so high I keep thinking it can't be bettered but somehow it is.

I got a lot from it particularly the first seminar by Margaret Peat - Sitting on the Father's knee. Something that I found very powerful was the poem used in this seminar entitled the Father's Love letter. It basically uses biblical references to show how and how much God loves us. We paired up and divided the poem in two reading half to our partner and vice versa. It made my hair stand on end... I did feel absolutely treasured and it was one of those moments in your Christian life which you know will stay with you for a long time.

In the afternoon Maria French did some wonderful dancing and then I joined in... It reminded me of an aerobic class where all the class is going in one direction and muggins here is going in another. It did make me laugh and I know that my gifting is not in my feet!! Still, I was grateful to be able to dance before the Lord no matter what it looked like. Since losing Daniel it has never seemed right to dance in church before so it was as if this stronghold has been broken.

I was absolutely shattered at the end of the day and caught the bus to go home. Problem number one - 1st bus took one look at me and refused to stop!! It wasn't even full but the driver didn't see me. When I got on the 2nd bus, I got distracted and overran my stop (by 2!!) I then had a good 40 minute walk over grass and an uneven path to get home. Feeling totally worn out now, I looked at the post and had received a letter in connection with Daniel as well as confirmation of my temp assignment with a lower rate of pay quoted than agreed. My feel good factor evaporated incredibly quickly. I have now prayed for protection for all attendees of today's event against any type of spiritual sabotage.

Oh yes, each of us got a goodie bag and I felt like a schoolgirl again opening the free gifts that go with her comic. These were excellent and thoughtfully prepared.

Tomorrow, I have to do an assignment for college. I have to write up to 1500 words on a story which includes a chair...

Well, I have to catch some sleep now.

Night night.



2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

yes, excellent day! there was a nice atmosphere, when you dance there is an infectious joy that is powerfully expressed,this then encourages others to worship too. What a shame you had a downer when you got home, praying the blessings of day remain solid.

see ya!

 
At 8:00 AM GMT, Blogger Jonathan said...

A story which involves a chair?

Please post it when you're done. I might even try and have a crack at that myself.

1500 words is a bit tight for a whole story though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home