Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Not according to plan...

I have started temping again today at a local company for local people!! I am working in the West End - only Chelmsford. I had a flurry of phonecalls yesterday so today I found myself contemplating another new beginning. Within an hour of starting, I felt at home and reasonably relaxed. I am not doing anything awe inspiring but it is interesting to see how different you can be treated in dissimilar environments. Amazing. I don't know how long I am likely to be there for but even doing the most menial tasks am happy to make a difference. I see this as a parallel to the Christian Life. In temping, you never know how long your assignment is for, what the job description actually says, and the difference you can make by doing even the smallest of things. I have noticed that sometimes even the teeniest tiniest bit of co-operation can go a long way. See where I'm going with this? Due to the problems that I have had with the honesty of Recruitment Consultants (think Estate Agents with even less moral fibre!!!) I need to find work on a more long standing basis.

So for now the Christmas cake is on hold...

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

That's good that you feel comfortable with this work,they'll really like you!
let me know if you manage the cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home