Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A life of contrast

Am trying hard to lighten my blogs by animation but unfortunately I have not mastered the art in the time available...

Yesterday, I went to church twice. Not to be seen as doing the right thing, not out of obligation but out of a sense that I needed and wanted to go. At church, there is the freedom and the gentleness (usually!) to be yourself without having to struggle on. I do find it such a contrast to the world outside. As it nears 6 months since Daniel died many people don't know how to respond to the grief which we still carry. For some, the risk in trying to get close to us is too much, our burden too intense and we are too difficult to deal with (it's been said...) We wish too that we had the answers to this but it is just a process which has to be gone through. I am grateful to many of you who have helped wipe my tears and listen as the floodgates of grief burst open. I still believe that God knew what he was doing when he made Daniel and that he knew when he should have him back. Kevin and I do remember the good times but as Christmas and what would have been Daniel's second birthday dawns, we accept that we won't be much fun to be around just then. Daniel has changed us and given many precious things in his short life with us.

Today we went to the Cinema to see Wallace and Gromit which we liked. A gentle comedy requiring no concentration - right up my street and we went for a eat as much as you can Chinese beforehand. Feel lovely and relaxed and it is only Monday!!

Tomorrow I am back at my writing course and will get the results of my chair masterpiece. I am looking foward to going although it will be a huge wrench to get me there. One of my former Doctors said to me that human beings were designed to hibernate and I really do feel the urge...

I am getting some very positivie feedback on my temporary assignment and hope to bring you some more news shortly.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM GMT, Blogger Jonathan said...

When can we read this chair masterpiece?

 
At 9:22 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Too difficult to deal with???? Sarah when I see you at church I love to come to you and chat with you, not out of a sense of duty but because you are a great person, nobody has the answers and sometimes all I can say sounds so feeble but who you are is very much appreciated, sometimes as Christians we try to be too positive when actually the person feels like pants and doesn't always need words of being positive, just the ability to express how they feel and I hope and pray you and Kevin feel able to do this with those who care about you lots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home