Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, November 24, 2005

When God says no...

Given the complexity of my working life at the moment I was in severe danger of drowning in a sea of self-pity when I was talking to a friend who made a chance remark. It was one of those where I thought, oh,yeah! Why didn't I think of that - doh! She said to me that it's obviously not meant to be that you stay where you are working. I'd kind of overlooked this. I had prayed and God has now shut the door firmly and my last day is tomorrow. I also read somewhere that a "no" is not rejection. I also went to the Cathedral at lunchtime for some quiet reflection which helped. I know now that this is not where God wants me to be so it is easier to accept. I just feel so much lighter now this has been pinted out to me!

Contrast this to yesterday when I was experiencing the mega sulks with God and demanded encouragement. I was really surprised when I opened a letter about my hearing aid and received £50 of vouchers for my inconvenience!!

Mmm... really must learn to trust and obey!

Well tomorrow is my last day but I know God will provide.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

That's good Sarah, I'm glad you feel a bit better about work and that you had a little blessing, have a good day.

 
At 10:28 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

You know Sarah there has been times where l have thought well God l really don't know what you'll pull out of the bag this time and he does and it's not always what l'm expecting but always ends up being a better outcome than l thought - Bless you - still looking forward to the next assignment and love the idea of bloggers endings !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home