Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, June 26, 2006

Feeling laid back...

We've just got back from a week's holiday in France and have had a thoroughly fantastic time. Piccies will follow... Neither of us had realised how tired we both were so both of us have come back having recharged our batteries.

I was thrilled because I was able to get my watch fixed that I had bought earlier in the year and which went dormant on me after just one wearing... Apparently, there is no language barrier to being a grumpy old woman. My language skills are improving. Yipee!

Malheuresement, I weighed myself when I got back and I have put on 7lbs in a week. For that I should have been able to gorge myself absolutely silly - but I didn't honest... The diet starts tomorrow again.

On a happier note, when I got back I had confirmation that I have had my professional Personnel status reinstated. I am thrilled, I had to work quite hard to prove it so I didn't take it for granted. I don't think that I will go back to the level of responsibility I have previously enjoyed (?!) but I am glad to work where I can build on my background and experience. It's all part and parcel of a level of normality.

And the icing on the cake is the tennis. Or it would be if rain hadn't stopped play. Things are looking up...

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM GMT, Blogger rhi said...

Hi Sarah - Good to hear you had a good holiday. hope you got a bit of chocolate in while you were away to make the 7lbs a bit more worthwhile - always remember DIET is a four letter word!!!

 
At 12:03 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Hey clever old you! (Ok not so much of the old!)

well done for getting reinstated with your whatever it is! that is brill and will obviously be good for you to have for the future, glad you had a good holiday and see ya soon

Helen x.

 
At 6:01 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Glad you had a lovely break in France Sarah.
see ya soon
Tracie

 
At 2:54 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound all energized :-)
glad you had a good break and that you had good news to come back too.
you gained weight...tant pis!
for the diet... bonne courage!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home