Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, May 29, 2006

The wall...

Is it just me or do other people find that they hit the equivalent of the wall in life? The place where Athlete's find that their body seems to be shutting down. I know that I'm no athlete (nobody has to tell me, I've worked it out...) but I feel that I have hit many emotional walls so to speak. I have most definitely hit a blogging and writing wall. My vocabulary and inspiration seem to have taken leave of absence.

We have had a busy weekend. Friday night we went to see the Da Vinci Code. It was showing in two cinemas in Chelmsford. The film itself lasted nearly 3 hours (so I had hit my concentration wall by then...) This contraversial film is on the whole pretty watchable as it is a thriller but it does not prove that Christianity is a fallacy. The Tom Hanks character has an ambivalent attitude to faith in that when he had a crisis (he fell into a well when he was a young lad and nearly drowned) he prayed to Christ and was saved. However, he spent the rest of his life not having any faith so it didn't inspire him to continue his journey on the road to Faith. The plot is pretty complex but this film should only be viewed as an entire work of fiction. At certain points in the film I prayed for the audience... It is also quite violent for a 12A there is a mad monk on the loose. It made for an interesting conversation in our house.

We had friends over on Saturday who arrived half an hour early. That wouldn't have been so bad if Kevin hadn't have been out and I was looking like Waynetta Slob's double!! In the morning I also went shopping and bumped into one of the Community Nurses. I must be making progress as the last time I saw her it upset me so much I had to finish my shopping!! On Sunday I couldn't go to the 11:15 service as my Mum came to visit. I always feel when I miss church that I am missing out... and I felt pretty restless as it was the Church weekend away. A sort of empty feeling really.

2 Comments:

At 12:24 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah I pray that you will know a real touch from God that would take away that empty feeling, hope you're ok and I'll see you soon,
Helen.

 
At 8:04 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Your 'wannetta slob' comment made me laugh sooo much Sarah,
l too didn't get to church at the weekend and now feel like l'm running on empty especially reading all the blessings that people have recieved whilst away, l did manage to have a bit of a chat to the brick layer on sunday morning during 'one' of the showers of rain.
There is power in the name of Jesus you can see people's uncomfortableness at hearing his name - l have to add l wasn't preaching though just sharing !
Funny thing was l then made a cuppa and handed out the mars bars
amazingly their called 'believe' at the moment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home