Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, April 22, 2006

In the midst of chaos...

It's been a bit of a funny week really. I have been in my new job a total of 8 days and feel that I am have taken in so much information that my head will honestly burst!! I just feel over the past couple of weeks with the Bank Holiday as well, that I am always rushing around and am never still. It's also the age that we live in. Well, today I had a lovely surprise. I have found a green area (can't call it a park) but it does have a river and plenty of ducks. So lunchtime today I was watching all the ducks coming into land. It was so peaceful and I honestly felt relaxed. The birds were tweeting, and I felt a million miles away from Witham Railway station which is immediately in front of the Malting plant. I was even more surprised that when leaving the greenery area and walking up the road that I saw two bunnies hopping along without a care in the world. I really felt that they taught me a thing or two today. I sometimes think that the busyness of life can really distract us to the point that we can't focus on anything unless it's fast. It's almost like we are speedreading life and keep missing the detail out as we are just going too fast.

Later on tonight I went to the gym and spent an hour there. The guy giving me my induction kept saying how I shouldn't overdo it (as if I need telling!) So I felt really virtuous that I had done my exercise for the week except that I needed a creme egg to keep me going when I got home... Oh well.

4 Comments:

At 1:52 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

I do love sitting in the garden, watching the birds it's good to be still sometimes in this mad world rushing around.

Well done at the gym, and just one cream egg is alright, hope you enjoyed it!

see ya!

 
At 5:18 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah,
all these people joining the gym l really wished l hadn't cancelled my membership now it would have been a great place to meet and catch up with others with a coffee if nothing else energetic !!

 
At 8:01 AM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

must check out the gym near us... if it has a starbucks and free internet access... i might be tempted to join (oh yes! i need to do some exercising too)
Glad the work is going well

 
At 11:10 AM GMT, Blogger Jonathan said...

How strange. Just when I leave my job in the UK, you go and find one within spitting distance of my old offices. I always wondered what that ugly building with all the pipes was for!

I recommend The Albert for a pub lunch if you ever feel like spoiling yourself. Very cheap, but probably not for the health concious. My other favourite lunchtime passtime was going to Morrisons and seeing how much food I could get for under a pound. Oh happy memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home