Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

You can't ? for toffee?


It turned out to be a bit prophetic (or should that be pathetic?) but Kevin reminded me last night that I can't park for toffee... Apparently, I had somehow blocked him in the drive yesterday completely unawares. Our drive is easily big enough for 5 cars so technically there shouldn't be a problem... I couldn't prove this though this morning as the parking fairy had been... I absolutely loathe parking and any delicate manoeuvring of the car so today I had a bit of a shock. I went to a new assignment this morning which is a converted house into offices. There was only one car in the rather tiny car park and somehow I managed to shoehorn my car into a gap of sorts. When I came to leave tonight there were another 3 cars and a lampost within striking distance (yes, literally!) After much puffing and panting, praying, stalling and gear changing my car was freed from the car park. I felt so pleased that I had managed it without resorting to my usual measures, accosting a stranger to move the car or waiting until everyone else has left.

This was on top of a day where it just felt like one of those days to start... In my temporary capacity I wrote to Great Ormond Street, Daniel's Consultant, my GP practice and dispensary, was asked whether I had children and told about someone else's Down Syndrome son. It really did have a "deja vue" feeling about it all and wore me out!!

Never mind, the money will come in handy but unfortunately did not manage to take my mind off things but what a day! Really glad that tomorrow will be different - phew!

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

I bet you could park for a Cadbury's cream egg!
When I passed my test, I spent many a secret hour practicing my parking 'coz it was a 'fact' that women were useless drivers and abysmal at parking. That sort of talk is always a challenge for me and I wanted to prove them all wrong! Well done for your perseverance, hopefully that will come through in your interview too. Praying for you.

 
At 1:20 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah hope your having a better day today - l too can remember getting the driver of an artic lorry to move my first car as it ment weaving between his lorry mounting the pavement and missing the shops metal dustbins - hence to say l didn't park round the back of those shops for some time after !! In my defence it was a very narrow entrance !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home