Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Who am I again???

Today something interesting happened when I was at the interview, I had a glimpse of the sort of person that I used to be (I'd forgotten who that is!) I arrived at the interview a good 15 mins early down to both Tim and Kevin's best efforts to navigate the 30 miles or so (Kevin had taken me for a dummy (!) run the night before). I felt relaxed at the interview and even laughed naturally. Thinking about it so did the interviewers but then again they had to listen to my answers. I really don't know how I got on but the interview was a positive experience. I resisted the urge when they asked me about the sort of challenges that I had faced to talk about my Angel Delight coloured drive. (Honestly, all it needs is a couple of hundreds and thousands and it would look like a trifle...) Thank you bloggers for praying for me, I do feel uplifted by your support and I did feel carried today. Finding the office and a parking space were also further answers to prayer. The drive still needs prayer!!

Again it was a panel interview but the atmosphere was much more informal. One of the things that I find really difficult is that as I am grieving I am not sure how I come across and it is not the sort of thing that you want to mention either. The interview lasted 55 minutes (no, I wasn't doing all the talking either although I did describe myself as chatty). The time that I really clammed up was when I was asked to explain my Christian Faith and all the words I was searching for were temporarily unavailable. I sounded lame even to me but was really glad that I had written an A4 evidence statement... I was then shown round the offices and everyone seemed really friendly.

Later on I had the 5 assessments which on the whole weren't too bad but there were a couple that I didn't finish. These were seeking to check my attention to detail and I don't think that I performed these particularly well. One of the assessments was a personality test with comments like:" Do you upset people?" I could hardly put yes but no seems a bit too virtuous. Are you competitive? Again another no.

This position was advertised in our Church Newsletter and doesn't exactly fit my background to date but I am looking for new direction so didn't automatically discount this vacancy. I will know by either the end of this week or the beginning of next whether I have been successful or not. I have asked God to shut the door if this is not the right opportunity for me. At the moment, I feel excited because even if this is not the right post for me, I have given my best at what is still a difficult time. I am encouraged that I can laugh again.



5 Comments:

At 7:41 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Well done mate!

So glad it went well, be encouraged, leave it now in Gods hands, glad this experience was a positive one.

 
At 8:49 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interviews are good checkpoints in our lives, they make us think positively about ourself, about our skills and abilities; this is the person God created and He will use you in the right place.
Well done on the interview, our prayers stay with you.
Zanne

 
At 4:48 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Really pleased your interview went well Sarah. Have a good weekend.
from Tracie

 
At 10:09 PM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

Nice one Sarah!It's all in His hands!

 
At 10:21 PM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

i like your new blog design by the way Sarah
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home