Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sabbatical

Since the beginning of the year temp works seems to be a bit thin on the ground so I am taking the opportunity for time out. Lucky me! There are very few times that you can actually do this without having other pressures. I have been asked how long that this is likely to last, and my response would be for as long as it lasts. In an ideal world, I would like to be working by the 1st week in March. I will then have had 2 months away from working which will have given me chance to catch up on my sleep... I believe that I was born to hibernate. I am dreadful at getting up and so it has been really hard to tear myself away from my bed in this perishingly cold weather.

Well, I am pleased that I have managed to be shortlisted for another job. The interview is not until the 8th February but it is going to be pretty full on... It will start with a panel interview in Loughton at 10:00 a.m. followed by a short visit of the offices (apparently this in total lasts an hour and a half). I then get back to Chelmsford where I have to undertake 5 (yes 5!!) assessments and I have to allow up to 2 hours for this. Oh well, it is bound to be an experience of sorts. No experience is ever wasted - mmmmm. I have already spoken to one of my interviewers who rang me earlier to find out more information to establish whether I would be suitable for shortlisting. In that moment, I had to explain certain things and did alert him to the fact that my career path has taken a more unnusual turn due to a close family bereavement. I am pretty chuffed that I have been shortlisted even with one of the interviewers knowing this. Even if I do not get the job, this will be good (more helpful!) interview experience. Just as well I am not going to be President of ICI!!

I have had a busy day talking to people all day. This morning I went to the Ladies Meeting at church which is really well attended. I love having the chance to natter with people that I don't catch up with when I am working. I then did the Job Centre and that only took about 30 seconds fortunately. I had a lovely lunch in Chelmsford with a couple of friends and then this evening I went to my Lifegroup where I did some more chattering. I did do some listening too, honest.

I cannot believe that it is nearly February already. We will be going to Rome at the end of the month for a few days so it is not long now. Kevin and I are also booking holidays for the rest of the year. These are the only plans that I can make until I know what is happening with the work front. Still, it is lovely to be able to have things to look forward to
and I know that we are lucky having these opportunities.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Great having a chat Thursday Sarah and l have to say you were a great listener then, not just at your lifegroup later that day as mentioned; Or was it l just wouldn't let you get a word in !!
Well when l get started..........
What times your dinner!!

 
At 2:46 AM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

You are organised to be booking holidays for the year. well done first things first goes the saying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home