Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January...


Well, it is the beginning of the year and already Cadbury's Cream Eggs are in the shops. We found them even before the New Year had started...

We have booked a holiday to.... France - quel surprise! We are going in March so we have something good to look forward to. Pity Kevin as he will be driving although Tim will be supervising the route.

I am currently in between jobs and have decided that although I will continue temping when an assignment comes along I will now concentrate upon looking for permanent work as I feel thqt it is high time that I get "into" something again. I have completed a couple of application forms in the last week and it takes me approximately 3 hours a time!! Loads of concentration.

My writing course starts back up on Tuesday for 5 weeks. If I am not working it may give me the opportunity to give more to it as sometimes all I wanted to do was sleep after a day's work.

Today I was attempting to multi-task by cooking the dinner as well as talk on the phone. Well I looked down to the grill area and could see flames shooting out of the grill as the sausage fat had ignited. I hastily made my excuses on the phone and tackled my mini blaze without setting off the smoke alarm!!

Despite not working this week, time is passing quickly as I am trying to undertake a number of projects. We have a new laptop and I am organising all our photos trying to get to grips with the software. Is it me or does anyone else feel left behind? I have discovered that you can have a slide show of your photos using your TV equipment.

Tomorrow, I am going blonde (sounds like I have already with my heroics today), going to the Job Centre and seeing a Recruitment Consultant. I know how to live.

It's all go...

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hows Daryl doing? tried to leave a comment on your blog but couldn't, see what happens today.

 
At 9:09 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah I could just imagine you talking on the phone while your sausages are on fire, trying to remain calm! I have sagas in the kitchen all the time!!
Glad you have booked your holiday, it sounds like your busy at the moment,I really hope you find the right job this year, I'll have a word with Him upstairs!!

 
At 9:43 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

Going blonde? Girl - you DO know how to live!!!! Which reminds me....must get my roots done!
Px
PS - blondes DO have more fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home