Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Has a week really gone by?

I am temping this week back on the Reception Desk for the 3rd time at the same place. I was last there 2 weeks ago but became germ infested so I feel the last week or so has been in "slow motion..." My assignment finishes Friday and then it is unlikely that I will be going back as there is no anticipated future need. Still it keeps me occupied. (I am not looking for a reception work other than on a temporary basis).

Last week whilst I was fighting off my germs! I still managed to brave the crowds at both Oxford Street and Lakeside. It is official, I have finished my Christmas shopping... Cue, the smug smile. When I went to Oxford Street I popped into Great Ormond Street for a time of quiet reflection in the Chapel. I can remember holding Daniel above the altar and giving thanks for him.

Later on in the week I personally encountered a bit of road rage which left me shaken but ok. I also applied for a number of jobs - it would appear unsuccessfully.

Kevin and I spent much time on Saturday afternoon playing with marker pens being creative and let's just say, I was so exhausted I had to have a lie down.

Sunday after going to the 1st service, we later go on to visit Kevin's family. It was great to catch up with others but I cannot manage social niceties any more.

Yesterday I went to the job centre where I am told that I have to sign off and re-sign back on again for 1 weeks' temping work. I had to be there as soon as it opened so that someone could determine how they wanted to deal with my claim. Nobody seems to be able to help... I then have to book an appointment to re-sign on again. I am made to feel a nuisance. I bump into someone who knows me from Farleigh and inevitably the conversation steers the usual course when you have to break bad news for the first time to someone and then dealing with how they handle it. Tricky at the best of times but straight after the job centre!!

After a boring half day, where I have learnt to pray during the quiet times, I head off out to a Xmas social organised by one of the agencies. Rush back home and I open a payslip but the same agency have underpaid me. This looks like it is now in dispute... I head off for to attend a local church and they've changed everything aaagh! I start a job application only to be interrupted and pick Kevin up from Brentwood from his Christmas "do". I go back to the job application. If I am successful, interviews take place on Monday.

I do not anticipate working next week so am looking forward to catching up.



1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sorry to hear about the road rage incident, hope you are ok, have a good 'catch up' week! and see ya soon, hopefully your job situation will get better in the new year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home