Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Drama Queen


I have found my ideal role in life, Drama Queen. I could have written the Job Spec! Without even trying, I can assume the identity... Take today for example, nothing too melodramatic planned, a trip to Chelmsford, a visit to the Job Centre with some Christmas shopping.

My Christmas shopping gets off to a flying start with purchases being made before 9:00 a.m! I am feeling very smug that even those family members whose present ideas normally reduce me to a one dimensional madwoman desperate for inspiration ( I hate buying for Men, those who do not play golf, fish, like chocolate or want socks or vests...) I cannot stop Christmas Shopping it is almost like the magic porridge pot (for those of you who cannot remember this is a little fairy story. I can't help it but I was bought up on these... There was this porrige pot that wouldn't stop producing porridge and the surplus ended up being a sticky mess until some hero was able to stop it) Anyway you get the picture, I am on such a roll shopping that bags seem to overflow. In fact, I am shopping frantically and manically trying to contain my inspiration when... I suddenly notice that one of my bags (and quite possibly a large portion of my brain) is missing!! Doing a bag audit, where I can at least remember what is missing, I embark on my epic journey to be reunited with these potential Christmas presents that I have already neglected. Fortunately, someone hands these in and my descriptions of them satisfy the shop keeper (phew!) My prodigal purchases and I are reacquainted. I know then that when I have run out of hands it is always a good time to stop shopping. The fact that one of the bags broke too should have given me a bit of a warning.

I would like to pioneer a bottomless shopping bag which automatically tidies itself and the purchases inside into the most space saving manner so that it can be stuffed to the maximum capacity. It would tell you if you mislay anything...

I am meeting with a friend in London tomorrow so more Christmas Shopping exploits.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

That's so funny -when you run out of hands it's time to stop shopping! should be a car sticker!

I love that old fairy story the porrige pot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home