Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, January 02, 2006

A good start...


Well, this morning both Kevin and I were impressed with our ability to get up and be at the 9:15 a.m Church Service before it began. This is so out of character for us. For those of you who don't know, one of Kevin's many qualities is his ability to awaken me for church whereas I could cheerfully sleep until mid-afternoon. It was great to hear a sermon on how This is the Year that the Lord has made by Mike - a cracker and one that really sets the tone for the coming year. The worship was also rocking. For us it had an added dimension, what the song "How Great Thou Art" means to both Kevin and I. It was played at both Daniel's services back in May. Today was the first time that we had sung it together since, a bit of an emotional moment.

We then went to Bromley and went out for a meal with Kevin's Mum. I hadn't planned to diet this year (dieting is a forbidden word) but would be reviewing my eating habits... I ended the meal having been tempted away from the wholesome and nutritious offerings by a waffle with chocolate, strawberries and ice-cream. Now before you tut at me loudly for having no will-power, I was doing some research for my latest writing effort. T'is true! I need to write about a Chocoholic so I just wanted to experience the whole chocolate thing. If any of you have any thoughts on chocolate that you would like to share this would be much appreciated. I am continuing my research...

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah now I've heard the best excuse for eating chocolate- research! based on that principal I think I qualify to be able to write a mini series, an epic or even a fortnightly magazine!
I do love chocolate, but as they say, 5 seconds in the lips means 5 inches on the hips!!
what makes it so appealing?
I'll be interested in your findings!!

 
At 9:34 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

I can offer some interesting insight into the wonderful world of chocolate:

1. It's good!
2. It's good!
3. It's good!

Shall I continue??

Let me know if I can be of any more help with the research (particularly any 'taste' challenges!!)

Pen x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home