Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, January 14, 2006

What a day!


It's been a bit of a day ... I was delighted that I was able to return my hearing aid without any trouble today. I was at my most assertive :-) but am thrilled that this went without any hitches.

When I got back home the Benefits Agency phoned me about the problems with my claim. Let's just say that it is all complicated and surprisingly my circumstances don't fit the system well... Your papers mysteriously vanish into the black hole of the "too difficult to deal with" pile. NB - I am referring to my circumstances rather than my manner!! I was told that it can take months to resolve my claim but I was very fortunate as the person who was dealing with my claim was very understanding and although she said that it was a lot of work she would resolve issues on Monday for me. Half an hour later she told me that she had worked on it today and all I need to do is bring paperwork into the Job Centre on Monday. I am going to get at least 4 weeks benefit backdated some time next week - yipee! This was becoming a bit of an issue.

Now, about the job. It's a no. I had a phone call this afternoon and I will be contacted next week with details about why my application proved unsuccessful. Am I bovvered? Well, disappointed that I didn't wow the interviewers with my sparkling personality (!!) and natural modesty... I just feel relieved in a way. So whilst I have a couple of "irons in the fire" I have nothing else to work towards just yet. I just need to use this time wisely.

I have threatened to do some decorating at home and as ever I need to do some research on my chocoholic story. Mmmmm......

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah the time is 22.00 pm sunday, I am laughing so much to myself about us tonight!
it was so funny, thanks for the laugh!
were you home in time for tea?
have a good week
helen x.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home