Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Interview


Well, you get the picture!! I had my interview at 10:00 a.m this morning and any preparation I had for it went straight out of the window.

You'll be pleased to know that I was able to buy a new suit so I looked the part. My other one was not suitable following a bit of overindulgence during the Christmas Period. I couldn't bear the thought of not sitting down all interview, trust me, I know my limitations or having a wardrobe misfunction of sorts...

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 and did find it incredibly daunting. You would never believe that I have interviewed hundreds of people as I found it difficult to talk. I know what you are thinking - a rarity! The interview only lasted 30 mins so it is hard to establish how it went. I know I can do the work it is just I'm not sure that I was able to let the interviewers' know that so we'll see. Finally, I had a 30 minute test, one of which was an in-tray test and 2 exercises to test my ability on the computer. I found this to be challenging even though under different circumstances it would have proved easy for me.

I will hear some time on Friday afternoon so I haven't got long to wait. The panel are interviewing all day today, tomorrow and some of Friday. I think that I was the first candidate.

One of the things that I was dreading was explaining my career aspirations i.e. why this job, at this time but I was never asked this. I was thankful that I did not have to mention Daniel even indirectly.

Thanks for your encouragement, prayers and support. I am finding job hunting harder than I thought but I know that the Lord has a plan for me.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

glad you got on well, bet you looked lovely too!
It's horrible waiting for the phone to ring, I'll be praying for you,
see ya!

 
At 10:19 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

sarah l love your pastures new picture - l could just run across that field like a scatty horse would !!

 
At 10:22 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

On returning to the picture and reliving the moment - perhaps not jumping that wall though !!
(pantomine horse spings to mind !!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home