Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pardon?!!


Well, today has been a bit difficult for no other reason than it is taking me a long time to adjust to our new life. It really seems odd being around during the day. I went to the Ladies Meeting at church, followed by my favourite place, the Job Centre. At the moment despite being owed 4 weeks benefit there seems to be a bit of a hiccup because I have been temping - wot no cash :-(

Tomorrow, I am going to have to get rid of my all singing, all dancing top of the range hearing aid as it is giving me problems... The final straw was when I was sitting down to complete an application form and I kept getting feedback when I used dial up on the computer. I also am getting continous ear infections which go when I wear my NHS one and return when I wear my private one. It really pains me to say it but my NHS digital one suits me better. All being well, I will get the absolute King's Ransom that I paid for it back - which will be nice. However, I am really disappointed that I cannot continue to use it as the NHS ones are not discreet. I feel that this is a bit of a backward step so boo, hiss, back to the ear trumpet now... No matter what anyone says, I know that I wear it and have done for the past 15 or so years. Apparently, when you reach your forties (help...) your hearing deteriorates further along with everything else!!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Really loved the picture - made me laugh!! Sorry to hear your problems with the hearing aid - at least you know where you are with the one you don't like - l'm sure you can well do without ear infections.
Do you go to the ladies group often? I couldn't get there this week as my Laura had the dentist and next week l have a hospital app. but after that l would like to get back into having some spiritual input midweek, when l called in recently l felt really blessed.
Tracie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home