Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The right words..

Do you ever find that when you want to say something meaningful you just cannot find the words that convey what you want to say? Well, I know that I'm not short of words (!!) but at yesterday's service for Neil my vocabulary totally deserted me... I only really got to know Neil from blogging but his gentleness was evident to all revealed in his blogs. Neil always found helpful words to me irrespective of what he was facing and his encouragement often sustained me through the darkest of times. He inspired me greatly and whilst we knew that we were following different paths on earth we took the time out to cheer one another on. That was so precious. Neil's health gave him insight, wisdom and tenderness which blessed me many times and gave me strength. I have spent time lately going through the many emails and comments that used to fly between computers and have been blessed again. Neil's words offered to comfort me on the loss of Daniel are again a real comfort. I would like to share one of his comments when he had just learnt that Daniel died.

"He is now free of the painful times and with his Heavenly Father." He then goes on to say that,
" I know that you will go through this process (of loss) knowing that God is close even when you might not understand the why."

Neil was right. God bless him.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

I didn't know Neil but have read his blogs and heard about him from family and others, yesterday must have been difficult to say goodbye to him, but a celebration knowing he is now health, pain free and with our father. AMEN
I love the team support shown through this blogging, even though I don't know you, we have the same father, quite a family eh? Have a great day

 
At 10:24 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Yes l know exactly what you mean about finding the right words; l am learning to live with it slowly! my mouth rarely seems to work together with what my brain is trying to express !
Thanks for sharing Neil's words Sarah l didn't know him very well, just by sight and newly blogging, but have built a fab picture of his character by the memories and thoughts that all his fellow christian bloggers have given so freely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home